How to make your own bearing cleaning kit for less than $5
DIY - Maintain your bearings and make a bearing cleaning kit
View the 5 min. video on how to make the bearing cleaning kit for less than a cup of starbucks.
What you need:
- Small plastic bottle with a wide enough lid (sample: small Gatorade bottle) = recycle
- Cheap ballpoint casing = one you have lying around
- Scissors or small handsaw = you have already
- ¼” washer
- 2 x ¼” nut with coarse tread
- ¼” x 6” Bolt with coarse tread
- O- ring that fits around the bolt (like 1/16” OD x ¼” I.D x 3/32 O-ring)
Now you know how to make a cleaning kit it's time to clean your longboard skateboard bearings. Riding on clean longboard bearings is way smoother and more fun.