Never used a longboard? Don't worry. With these beginner longboards, you can do it!
Many of these longboards for beginners have a wide and stable deck and a long wheelbase for better control, so they are perfect for cruising and carving. You will see how easy it is to start longboarding! For some guidance on how to pick a beginner's longboard, see the how to choose a longboard.
A beginner's long board or long skateboard can be found in all shapes and for all styles. A longboard for beginners is just as good as any other board but a bit more forgiving, so your first impression will be great and so much fun.
For beginners, the best type of longboard is one that offers stability, ease of control, and a forgiving ride. Here are some recommendations:
- Drop-through longboards: These boards have a lower center of gravity due to their trucks being mounted through the deck, making them more stable and easier to push. This design is excellent for beginners as it provides better balance and control.
- Pintail longboards: With their classic surfboard-like shape, pintail longboards are great for cruising and carving. They have a wider base in the front, tapering towards the tail, which allows for easy maneuvering and a smooth ride.
- Cruiser longboards: These boards are generally shorter and more maneuverable than other longboard types. They are suitable for beginners looking for a versatile board for casual riding and commuting.
When selecting a beginner longboard, look for these features:
- A wider deck for better balance and stability
- Softer wheels (78A to 87A durometer) for smoother rides and better grip
- Medium to large-sized wheels (65 mm to 75 mm) for better roll over uneven surfaces
Remember, as a beginner, it's essential to prioritize comfort and stability in your longboard. As you gain experience and confidence, you can explore different styles and configurations to suit your evolving preferences and riding style.
Check them out, or contact us with questions about longboarding for beginners.
FAQ Beginners Longboards
Which Longboard Shape is good for beginners
How much does a beginners longboard cost?
Are drop through longboards good for beginners?
Is a longboard good for beginners?
1. Stability: Longboards are typically longer and wider than standard skateboards, which provides more stability and balance. This can make it easier for beginners to learn the basics of riding.
2. Ease of Riding: Longboards are designed for cruising and downhill riding, making them a good choice for beginners who want to focus on basic riding skills before moving on to more complex tricks and maneuvers.
3. Speed Control: Longboards often come with larger and softer wheels, which provide a smoother ride and better grip, making it easier to control speed, especially for beginners.
4. Versatility: There are different types of longboards designed for various styles of riding, including cruising, carving, downhill, and freestyle. This allows beginners to choose a board that best suits their intended use and personal preferences.
However, it's important to note that while longboards can be great for beginners, they are not typically used for performing tricks like ollies or kickflips due to their size and design. If a beginner is interested in learning tricks, a traditional skateboard might be a better choice. As always, it's recommended that beginners wear appropriate safety gear, including a helmet and pads, while learning to ride.